Welcome Dolphins, Sharks and Whales
Hello Year 6,
We hope that you had a wonderful break and a chance to rest and spend lots of time with family.
We have a very busy Summer Term planned for you all! With SATs taking place from Tuesday 9th May to Friday 12th May, our English lessons leading up to this week will involve reading and spelling, punctuation and grammar revision so that you are as prepared as possible for these examinations. This will also be the case in your mathematics lessons where we will consolidate your knowledge and understanding of mathematics and apply your mathematical skills to solve examination type questions. In science we will study ‘Animals, including Humans’ and for our history and geography learning, we will be learning about ‘South America and the Amazon River’. In additional to all of this, we have Cardfields and Whitehall Week taking place during the week beginning Monday 15th May – a very busy first half term indeed! The second half term will be just as busy preparing you all for your transition to secondary school as well as the preparations for your end of year production!
Year 6 pupils are expected to complete the following homework each week:
- Read daily for at least 20 minutes and have planners signed, this includes at the weekend.
- Learn spellings that will be given on a Monday and tested on a Friday (these are listed below on this page).
- Complete assigned weekly Mathletics homework.
- Complete weekly set mathematics worksheets.
- Complete weekly set SATs Buster Maths and Grammar, Spelling and Punctuation tasks from their book (a timetable for what tasks are to be completed each week is listed below on this page)
- Regularly use of Times Table Rockstars.
- Complete your weekly allocated Reading Plus tasks (if you do not complete your six assigned tasks whilst at school each week).
- There are also extension activities available on this page if you wish to complete them (this is optional).
All of you have been given a password for Mathletics, Reading Plus and Times Table Rockstars (these can be found at the front of your planner). If for any reason these are not working, please let us know and we will fix them for you.
Alongside your assigned homework, it is always useful to consolidate on your learning by completing extra activities (such as Weekend Wonders). There are some really useful websites for you to use for additional tasks on the 'useful links' page on the 'Year Group Pages' section of the website.
We are very much looking forward to our Summer Term together in Year 6!
Miss Costa, Mr Mitchell, Mrs Seymour and Mrs Treanor