Welcome Dolphins, Sharks and Whales
Hello Year 6,
We hope that you had a wonderful February half term break and a chance to rest and spend lots of time with family.
We are very excited to be returning to school for the second half of the Spring Term in which will be packed with interesting and engaging lessons we know you will enjoy. We have many things to look forward to in our upcoming lessons. In English we will complete our study of the text, ‘Gone Away’ by Lou Kuenzler and then immerse ourselves into the Shakespeare play ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’. In Mathematics, we will consolidate our knowledge and understanding of mathematics and apply our mathematical skills to investigations. In science we will complete our study of ‘Evolution and Inheritance’ and ‘Living things and their habitats’ as well as our history and geography learning on the Mayan Civilisation.
Year 6 pupils are expected to complete the following homework each week:
- Read daily for at least 20 minutes and have planners signed, this includes at the weekend.
- Learn spellings that will be given on a Monday and tested on a Friday (these are listed below on this page).
- Complete assigned weekly Mathletics homework.
- Complete weekly set mathematics worksheets.
- Complete weekly set SATs Buster Maths and Grammar, Spelling and Punctuation tasks from their book (a timetable for what tasks are to be completed each week is listed below on this page)
- Regularly use of Times Table Rockstars.
- Complete your weekly allocated Reading Plus tasks (if you do not complete your six assigned tasks whilst at school each week).
- There are also extension activities available on this page if you wish to complete them (this is optional).
All of you have been given a password for Mathletics, Reading Plus and Times Table Rockstars (these can be found at the front of your planner). If for any reason these are not working, please let us know and we will fix them for you.
Alongside your assigned homework, it is always useful to consolidate on your learning by completing extra activities (such as Weekend Wonders). There are some really useful websites for you to use for additional tasks on the 'useful links' page on the 'Year Group Pages' section of the website.
We are very much looking forward to the remainder of the Spring Term in Year 6!
Miss Costa, Mr Mitchell, Mrs Seymour and Mrs Treanor