Welcome Eagles, Owls and Penguins
Welcome to your new year group page!
What an action packed autumn first half term we will have. We have many things to look forward to in our upcoming lessons: in English we will study and enjoy the texts ‘Prometheus and Pandora’ and ‘Eye of the Wolf' by Daniel Pennac; in mathematics we will consolidate our knowledge and understanding of mathematics and apply our mathematical skills to investigations; in science we will study ‘Materials and their Properties’ and for our history and geography learning, we will be learning about an ancient civilisation with the topic name 'Archaeologists'.
Year 5 pupils are expected to complete the following homework each week:
- Read daily for at least 15 minutes and have their planners signed, this includes at the weekend.
- Learn spellings that will be given on a Monday and tested on a Friday (these are listed below on this page).
- Complete their assigned weekly Mathletics homework.
- Regular use of Times Table Rockstars.
- There are also extension activities available on this page if you wish to complete them (this is optional).
It would be really helpful if you continued to practice your maths and reading in addition to completing your set weekly homework tasks.
We are very much looking forward to our first half term together in Upper School!
Miss Mattera, Miss Brown and Miss Hyland.