Welcome Bees, Caterpillars and Ladybirds!
We hope you have had a wonderful rest and that you are full of energy for your second half term in Year 3!
What an action packed autumn second half term we will have. We have many things to look forward to in our upcoming lessons: in English we will study and enjoy the texts ‘Krindlekrax’ (by P. Ridley) and ‘Ice Palace’ (by R. Swindells). In addition to this, you will read a range of poetry; in Mathematics we will consolidate our knowledge and understanding and apply these to investigations; in science we will study 'Plants' and ‘Animals, including Humans’ and we will begin our learning about the UK and the history of our school.
It would be really helpful if you continue to practise your maths and reading in addition to completing your weekly homework which consists of:
- A minimum of 20 minutes reading to be recorded in planner (and signed) daily
- Times tables and number facts to be practised regularly at home for our weekly mental arithmetic test
- Weekly spellings issued on Monday and tested on Friday
- Weekly CGP Books: assigned Grammar, Punctuation and spelling task, Comprehension task and Mathematics task
- Optional extension homework
Don’t forget to read and discuss the vocabulary and knowledge mats with your family either to deepen your understanding of what you are learning this term!
We are very much looking forward to our second half term together!
Mr Jones, Mx Spacey-Mageean and Miss Rosser
The Year 3 team