Welcome Bears, Elephants, Lions and Tigers
Welcome back after your half-term break! We hope you have had a wonderful rest and you are full of energy for your second term in Year 4!
What an action-packed autumn second half term we will have. We have many things to look forward to in our upcoming lessons: in English, we will read and understand a variety of poems and we will study ‘Tales Told in Tents’ (by Sally Pomme Clayton); in mathematics, we will consolidate our knowledge and understanding and apply these to investigations; in science, we will study ‘Living Things and their Habitats’ and we will continue our learning about Europe in our 'Worlds Apart’ geography lessons.
It would be really helpful if you continue to practise your maths and reading in addition to completing your weekly homework - please see the ‘useful links’ tab on the ‘Year Group Pages’ home page for easy access to the regular websites we use.
Your weekly homework this term will be as follows:
- Reading daily with an adult and recording this in Pupil Planners.
- Learning spellings (set on a Monday and tested on a Friday).
- Grammar study book - teachers will specify which pages each week.
- Mathematics study book - teachers will specify which pages each week.
- Comprehension study book – teachers will specify which pages each week.
- Weekly practise of specific multiplication tables.
- Optional further practise of core skills through Reading Plus, TTRS and Mathletics online.
Don’t forget to read and discuss the vocabulary and knowledge mats with your family either to deepen your understanding of what you are learning this term!
We are very much looking forward to the rest of the term together!
Miss Brown, Mrs Seymour, Mrs Perez, Miss Shaw and Mr Keegle