The Vision of Whitehall Junior School:
'Happiness at the heart of learning'
Our school is a welcoming and inclusive community providing all children with high quality learning in a respectful and safe environment. Through inspirational teaching and a positive, encouraging atmosphere, we enable children to aspire and embrace lifelong learning in an ever-changing world.
The Strategic goals of the Governors for 2017-20 are:
- Pupils achieve well across the curriculum in all year groups;
- Highly effective teaching and learning and a broad and balanced curriculum;
- The school works in partnership with parents and carers to develop a safe, healthy and inclusive learning community;
- Leaders and governors ensure that the school is a well led, ambitious and innovative place to learn and work.
- Respect for ourselves and others;
- Being caring, kind, honest and trustworthy;
- Taking pride in and responsibility for everything we do;
- Listening to each other and working co-operatively;
- Persevering when things are difficult and learning from our mistakes;
- Challenging ourselves to improve and being curious to know more;
- Developing emotional and spiritual growth and promoting self-confidence, creativity and independence;
- Tolerance and thoughtfulness and fair inclusion of everyone;
- Valuing individual liberty, democracy and the rule of law;
- Protecting and sustaining our environment.
We use the bridge of our school logo to help us remember our values, as follows:
Bravery (persevering when things are difficult, facing learning challenges)
Respect (respect for ourselves and others)
Integrity (being honest and trustworthy)
Determination (challenging ourselves to improve)
Generosity (thoughtfulness, cooperation and emotional growth)
Excellence (taking pride in everything we do)
A bridge takes us to new places and overcomes obstacles.
We build bridges with others.