The Vision of Whitehall Junior School:
'Happiness at the heart of learning'
Our school is a welcoming and inclusive community providing all children with high quality learning in a respectful and safe environment. Through inspirational teaching and a positive, encouraging atmosphere, we enable children to aspire and embrace lifelong learning in an ever-changing world.
The Strategic goals of the Governors for 2017-20 are:
- Pupils achieve well across the curriculum in all year groups;
- Highly effective teaching and learning and a broad and balanced curriculum;
- The school works in partnership with parents and carers to develop a safe, healthy and inclusive learning community;
- Leaders and governors ensure that the school is a well led, ambitious and innovative place to learn and work.
- Respect for ourselves and others;
- Being caring, kind, honest and trustworthy;
- Taking pride in and responsibility for everything we do;
- Listening to each other and working co-operatively;
- Persevering when things are difficult and learning from our mistakes;
- Challenging ourselves to improve and being curious to know more;
- Developing emotional and spiritual growth and promoting self-confidence, creativity and independence;
- Tolerance and thoughtfulness and fair inclusion of everyone;
- Valuing individual liberty, democracy and the rule of law;
- Protecting and sustaining our environment.